Did You Know? | ATLAS TAPERED POLYISO CRICKET DESIGN
Proper cricket design.
Ponding water is the leading cause of premature roof system failure. Proper cricket design caneliminate ponding water and prolong roof system life.
- Roof Surface Slope The slope that is in the structural deck, the slope created by tapered insulation, or a combination of the two.
- Cricket Width (Points C to D) Generally the shorter of the 2 cross-sections.
- Cricket Length (Points A to B) Generally the longer of the 2 cross-sections.
- Cricket Panel Slope The slope of the cricket panel.
- Cricket Valley Slope (Points C to B) the net slope created along the edge of a cricket. (Cross-Slope).
- Cricket Angle The angle (X) between corresponding lines AB (Cricket Length) and AC (Cricket Valley)
- Cricket Panel slope is typically double the roof surface slope.
- Depending on the roof surface slope, there is an accepted maximum length to width ratio.
- The functionality of the cricket is determined by the cricket valley slope.
- Cricket valley slope is independent of the cricket material slope.
SADDLE AND CRICKET RECOMMENDED MAXIUMUM L:W RATIOS
ROOF SURFACE SLOPE PER FOOT
CRICKET PANEL SLOPE PER FOOT
LENGTH: WIDTH RATIO
CRICKET VALLEY SLOPE PER FOOT